Urban Design & Masterplanning
In the UK and Japan we have carried out urban design and masterplanning studies for commercial and local authority clients.
Our principal aims are:
- To work closely with clients, stakeholders and the local community at relevant stages of the project.
- To carry out in-depth research and ethnographic studies to enable the team to gain perspective and focus on relevant issues.
- To create appropriate narratives for the project which local inhabitants and visitors can identify with and contribute to.
- To maximise development opportunities without loss of intrinsic local character and quality.
- To build beautifully in materials that age well.
- To create open-ended environments that have the potential to evolve harmoniously.
Pierre d’Avoine Architects has designed landscapes in historically important urban and rural settings in the UK, Japan and Iran including The Green Route, Tehran, introducing methods and strategies for greening the urban environment. A Room in the City at Elephant and Castle Roundabouts, London. Restoration of Grade 1 Landscape of Rough Grounds for Westonbirt Equestrian Centre, Gloucestershire. Restoration of Grade 1 walled garden and environs at Crowcombe Court, Somerset, Tsudanuma City Green in Tokyo.
Our aim is always to evolve sensitive responses to the local context, and where applicable to work with expert plantsmen to create ecologically appropriate environments that delight and satisfy the senses.